Deep Brain Discussions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Deep Brain Discussions

Greetings. I'm Bill the Radioguy. I'm enrolled in the DBS Clinical Trial at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. I've established this web forum for folks who are also enrolled in the study to meet, chat, discuss or just hang out. Come on in, have a look

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ibuprofen Reduces Parkinson's Risk??? -- Sept. 7, 2007

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Radioguy
Admin
Radioguy

Ibuprofen Reduces Parkinson's Risk???  --  Sept. 7, 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Ibuprofen Reduces Parkinson's Risk??? -- Sept. 7, 2007   Ibuprofen Reduces Parkinson's Risk???  --  Sept. 7, 2007 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2007 7:38 am

OK, so far we've heard that caffeine, tobacco and now ibuprofen may have the ability to inhibit the development of PD. I've been drinking coffee since I was 14, I've been a cigar smoker since I was 17 and I take ibuprofen on a regular basis. Why do I have PD???

http://www.spiritindia.com/health-care-news-articles-1590.html

Quote :
Regular use of the pain-relieving nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) may delay or prevent the onset of Parkinson's disease, according to data from roughly 147,000 U.S. men and women enrolled in the Cancer Prevention Study II Nutritional Cohort.

In 1992, subjects provided information on four types of commonly used analgesics. In 2001, they provided information on the occurrence of Parkinson's disease. The researchers detected 413 cases of Parkinson's disease during follow up.

"We found that individuals who regularly used ibuprofen had about a 35 percent lower risk of developing Parkinson's disease than non-users," Dr. Alberto Ascherio, of Harvard School of Public Health in Boston, Massachusetts, told.
Back to top Go down
http://www.billywisdom.com

Ibuprofen Reduces Parkinson's Risk??? -- Sept. 7, 2007
Page 1 of 1